My Blog List

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Checkers!

My daughter wanted a Checker's game for Christmas. I thought it would be fun to make our own unique set (which the kids have loved)! The one I made for the kids is an over-sized floor mat that I pieced together with fleece and felt. It has wooden stars for the game pieces and the whole thing was way too much work! :) However, I've made several sets since then after finding checkerboard fabric. Here are a few:
Alien invasion!
Mickey Mouse :)
Princess and the Frog!

4 comments:

  1. THESE ARE ADORABLE. so creative and cute, i am so glad you linked these. These would make great Christmas gifts. Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I wish I had kids to make them for! But, in the meantime, I am dreaming up ideas for my teenage nieces and nephews...not sure how it would go over for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter received a tic-tac-toe game like this for her birthday. Check it out.

    http://highhillhomeschool.blogspot.com/2012/01/tic-tac-toe-handmade-gift.html

    ReplyDelete